Star Gazing Night
Let's begin winter season with exploring the Wonders of Universe with experts of Brahmand Darshan, equipped with Large 10 inch Dobsonian Telescopes, Stay in Tents and Delicious Veg BBQ Food at Saphale, Tandulwadi Village. Come & Explore: Wonders of Universe with us ! ! !
Amateur & Novice Users can also join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae's, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and off course our Milky Way Galaxy etc.. no prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them. Night Sky Orientation will be provided during the Event.
Know Your Program
Evening Snacks, Delicious Veg Dinner, Morning Breakfast
Tea & Drinking Water available.
Stay in Tent with soft bedding and pullover
Soft Music & Guitarist (Optional)
Free WiFi (Subject to GSM Network)
In case of train travel we can arrange pick up from Saphale Station on extra cost of Rs. 150 per head
02:30 pm : Start from Dadar (If you have opted for traveling). On the way pick up from Dadar, Bandra, Andheri, Borivali, Faountain Hotel (Ghodbunder)
05:30 pm : Reach Campsite, Keep your luggage in tent
06:00 pm : Event Registration, Selfie Photos, Group Photo Session & Snacks.
07:00 pm : Session 1 – Introduction, Observe West Sky Objects (Before Setting), Satellite Tracking
07:30 pm : Night Sky Orientation - Finding the North Star - Cassiopeia & Ursa Major
08:00 pm : Session 2 – Astronomy Awareness Video Program
09:30 pm : Dinner Time (Delicious BBQ, Veg Dinner)
10:30 pm : Session 3 – Night Sky Observation - Constellations, Star Clusters, Andromeda Galaxy, Orion Nebula and Double Stars
11:30 pm : General Observation and Basic Astrophotography (Star Trails & Constellations)
01:00 am : Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/Tablet/Mobile Batteries
03:30 am : Tea Break
04:00 am : Session 4 – Early Morning Sky
05:30 am : Session 5 – ISS, Satellite, & Iridium Flares
06:30 am : Sunrise
07:00 am : Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
08:00 am : Event Closure
- Participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with us from informal discussion / talk/contact sharing
- Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations.
- We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions. WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
- Our Equipments:
1. 10 Inch Dobsonian Reflectors (2 Qty) – Antares GSO & SKY Watcher
2. Binoculars 10 x 50 (2 Qty)
3. Celestron Automated Mount (100mm Refractor)
4. Celestron Automated Mount for Astrophotography
4. EQ1 Manual - 75mm & 80mm Scope.
What to Bring!
1. Carry enough warm clothing (particularly to keep your ears, body and feet warm) like scarf, sweaters, hood jackets, skull caps, shawls / sheets, Closed Shoes (mandatory). (Temp in Night will dip considerably 16-18 degree C).
2. We will be providing a tent with soft bedding and pullover, those who are not used to cold climate It is advisable to carry your own extra blanket and personal pillow.
3. We recommend that participants stock themselves with Light snacks (Biscuits, Chips & Chocolate and Personal Water bottle ½ Liter (Mandatory) - (Need to drink water regularly to avoid dehydration).
4. Carry a Small Torch (covered with Red Cellophane paper) with Extra pair of Batteries.
5. It is advisable to carry your personal medication (if any) and mosquito repellent cream.
6. All baggage to be wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (Dew).
7. For Astrophotography participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
8. It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.
9. Participant are required to carry ID proof (e.g. PAN card, Driving License) for On Site Camp Registration
How to Travel
Name of Location: Sai Baba temple
Nearest Village: Tandulwadi village
Region & District: Saphale
Distance from Saphale station: 7 KM approx.
Distance from NH4 (Varai Naka): 12 KM approx.
Distance from Ghodbunder: 45 Km approx.
Travel by Road
Take Mumbai – Ahmedabad Highway - Fountain Hotel – Bhayander Bridge - Vasai – Virar – Khandiwade Toll – (Drive Approx 12KM) -
VEGAS Township – Take Left at Varai Naka - NAVAZE - PARGAON - HP Petrol Pump - Vaitarna River Bridge - SAIRAJ HOTEL (Take Left) - Drive 1 KM - SAI Baba Mandir on Left Side (Tandulwadi Village) - Brahmand Darshan Site
Travel By Train
Local Train Time-Table (Churchgate to Dahanu, via Saphale):
Stations after Virar: Vaitarna, Saphale, Kelve Road, Palghar, Umroli, Boisar, Vangaon, Dahanu Road
Churchgate to Saphale
Churchgate to Dahanu train: 5.24am, 10.06am, 3.22pm
Dadar to Dahanu train: 5.15am, 4.55pm, 6:00pm
Borivli to Dahanu train: 7.57am, 10.31am
Virar to Dahanu Local train: 4.25am, 5am, 12.15pm, 3.05pm
Saphale to Churchgate
Dahanu to Churchgate train: 7.15am, 12.42pm, 5.35pm, 6.55pm
Dahanu to Dadar train: 2.15pm, 3.25pm, 7.45pm
Dahanu to Borivli train: 5.50am, 8.30am
Dahanu to Virar Local train: 10.05am, 1.25pm, 8.45pm
P.S. We can provide pick up from Saphale Station at extra cost of Rs. 150/- Per Head
Terms & Condition
- In case of the Cloudy Sky, Event will not be cancelled, Singing Songs with Guitarist and Campfire will be Continued with Delicious BBQ veg food.
- Prior Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
- Although the camp-site is secure with partial fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without organizer’s permission.
- Use Site, Equipment’s and Tents with precaution’s – Any Damages to Tents will recovered from Tent allocated participants/students (500/- Per Person)
- Use of white small torch should be minimal, it should be covered with Red Cellophane paper for reading Night Sky Maps.
- Please do respect the belongings of others at the campsite and avoid damaging any articles, tents, etc. Any Damage to Tent will be recovered from the participant.
- Use of mobile phone and camera with flash is to be minimal as possible or AS INSTRUCTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS / ORGANIZERS during the Observation Sessions.
- Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions.HUMAN EYE requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
- If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands Imaging equipment (DSLR Camera and accessories) etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Site. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. We strongly discourage you to consume alcohol in any form. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
Discount & Offers
- 10% discount for group of 10 or more
- 10% discount to Kshitij's Alumni Kids between the age of 6 to 14 Years
This is a sample itinerary. Kshitij reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of our program as a result of unforeseen circumstances, including weather, environment or health hazards. To the best of our ability, substitution of activities will be comparable to, or better than the original activity.