Venue - Manali
Ever since trekking mania hit the youth, Manali has always been the most sought after destination for campers of all ages ! The height, scenic beauty, climate and people of this region are beautiful , warm and always inviting which makes visiting it, worthwhile every single time. This program is a perfect blend of trekking up the snow capped peaks, fun and moderate grade adventure activities and rafting. Our campsite is at the height of 2,200 meter from sea level and we trek up to 3660 meters.
Explore the back country in the hills of manali, have an opportunity to be”yourself’, participate in learning experiences and sharing over a campfire and spend time with nature away from the stale chaos of city life.
Know Your Program
- We use quality equipments like Cliff Climber Tents and Cliff Climber Sleeping Bags
- Participants to Instructor Ratio during program is 4:1. During Journey 8:1
- Medical facility is available at all the time with the head guide including Oxygen Cylinder, Oxymeter, First aid kit, Stretcher facility and Survival Blanket.
- Food: Menu will be Indian style comprising breakfast, extra supplement (fruits or energy drink), lunch, snacks, soup, dinner and bournvita. The diet is completely vegetarian and is nutritious.
- Guides: The guides hired are certified from mountaineering institutes and are quite experienced. All the members are trained in BLS(Basic Life Support Training).
- Small group size enabling personal bonding and vigilance
- Practice of Experiential Methodology, thus creating a SAFE Environment for the child to participate and express freely
- NO COMPETITION throughout the camp, ensuring the kids feel welcome, and do not feel pressurized emotionally or socially
- Participants are actively involved in the decision making and day planning during the camp stays, thus enabling them to take charge of their program, and helping them cope with the consequences of their choice
- Completely fun and exploration based camps, whilst giving the participants enough time to bond with fellow participants and enjoy FREE PLAY!
What to Bring!
Pair of Clothes (6-7 T Shirts & 2 Full Jeans + 2 Full Track Pants), 1 Haversack Bag & 1 Small Shoulder Bag, Thermal/Winter Jacket, Safety Pins, Water Bottle, Handkerchiefs, 2 Night Suit, Sport Shoes & Floater/ Slippers, Toiletry Pouch, Towel, Cap, Sun Screen Lotion,Odomos Mosquito Cream, Cold Cream, Lip Balm, Dairy Pen, 4 Extra Pair of Socks, Torch with new Batteries, Sunglasses, Swimming Costume (Nylon T-Shirt & Shorts (for Boys) & Nylon tights with Nylon Round Neck T-Shirts (for Girls)), Full Sleeves Jacket, Hand Gloves, Lunch Box, Mug, Spoon, Electoral Powder and Camphor
Optional: Camera, Binocular
What not to Bring!
Expensive Jewelry, Walkmans or Radio, Cellular Phone, Electronic Games, Junk Food, Cold Drinks
Gather and meet Team KSHITIJ at Mumbai Central at 4:40 pm. Depart by August Kranti Rajdhani Exp at 5:40 pm. (Train ticket charges are not included in package. Kshitij will charge it on actual and will try to book ticket in the same or nearby coach. Kshitij faculties will be traveling with participants in the same train.)
Reach Delhi in afternoon. Transfer to Gujarat Samaj for rest and lunch and onward journey by Bus to Manali.
Early morning, arrive at Manali and drive to base camp,
Orientation will be given about the trek, backpacking and marching technique. Post lunch we will go for acclimatization walk to Pulag village for Himalayan village study. Participants will be made aware of the culture of a Himalayan village. There are around 150-200 houses in the village and is similar to Rumsu in respect of culture. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
After morning breakfast and packed lunch we will trek for Chakki Nala for River Crossing and Rappelling activity. Explorer will be made aware of how to cross a river by three ways and how to make the base for such kind of an activity.
Explorer will also be made aware of different types of Knots and hitches that can be helpful for them. Trek back to Rumsu base camp. In the evening briefing will be given about the trek route. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
After breakfast and packed lunch we will start the trek for Naya Tapru (2800 meters) camp site. The trek has a moderate ascend and takes around 4 to 5 hours. The trek goes through some dense patch of forest which is full of pine, fir, oaks, chestnuts trees. Trekkers will be given tutorials on tent pitching. Overnight stay in tents at Naya Tapru camp site.
After breakfast all the trekkers will start their trek to Chaklani(3,400 meters). The trek involves an easy ascend and will take around 3 to 4 hours. Chaklani offers amazing view of Manali valley. One can see many peaks like Ali Ratna, Friendship peak, Deo Tibba , Hanuman Tibba , Tiger Teeth and others. Overnight stay in tents at Chaklani camp site.
After breakfast all the trekkers will start their trek to Chandrakhani Pass with their packed lunch. We will start the trek early by 6 AM. The highest point of Chandrakhani Pass is 3,660 meters. Just adjacent to the Chandrakhani Pass lies Dhana Kunnu Pass. The entire place is associated with the famous Jamdagini Rishi, one of the seven saptrishi. Once we make it to the top Overnight stay in tents at Chaklani camp site.
After the breakfast all the participants will start their descend for Rumsu base camp. The descend route is the same as the ascend one and takes around 4 hours. Lunch at Ghankulahi while descending.
Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp
After breakfast we will go to Manali by Jeep. Luggage for all the trekkers can be deposited at a common safe place and then Manali visit will be done via trekking with guide. Explorer will get a chance to explore Hidimba Temple, Vashishth hot water spring, Manu Temple and others. After sight seeing, luggage will be taken back and departure by evening buses for Delhi.
Arrive Delhi early morning and take flight post 11 am from Delhi. Arrive Mumbai Airport. (Flight ticket charges are not included in package. Parents would have to book it on their own. Before flight booking kindly get in touch with Kshitij to confirm flight number and time. Kshitij Faculty will be traveling with kids in the same flight)
This is a sample itinerary. Kshitij reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of our program as a result of unforeseen circumstances, including weather, environment or health hazards. To the best of our ability, substitution of activities will be comparable to, or better than the original activity.
Terms & Conditions
25 Apr to 04 May
02 May to 11 May
09 May to 18 May
12 to 15 Years