Cycling Escape at Goluchina
Venue - Ranikhet
Cycling Escape at Goluchina is an easy grade mountain bicycling program which tried and tested by experts and completely safe even for first time Mountain bikers. The thrill of riding high coupled with a scenic beauty of the mountain ranges all around compliment the intent making it a real escape from the maddening pace of the city. Added are the beautiful, cost stone houses situated at the highest point of the region with inviting adventure activities ! You know you have chosen right if you want to try it all together!
We are located approximately 12 kms from Ranikhet towards the Goluchina region. The experience of living in a 100 year old house and the beautiful countryside with hill villages and forests make it one of the best locations in the hills
The Activities you should know
What to Bring!
Pair of Clothes (6-7 T Shirts & 2 Full Jeans + 2 Full Track Pants), 1 Haversack Bag & 1 Small Shoulder Bag, Safety Pins, Water Bottle, Handkerchiefs, 2 Night Suit, Sport Shoes & Floater/ Slippers, Toiletry Pouch, Towel, Cap, Sun Screen Lotion,Odomos Mosquito Cream, Cold Cream, Lip Balm, Dairy Pen, 4 Extra Pair of Socks, Torch with new Batteries, Sunglasses, Swimming Costume (Nylon T-Shirt & Shorts (for Boys) & Nylon tights with Nylon Round Neck T-Shirts (for Girls)), Full Sleeves Jacket
Optional: Camera, Binocular
What not to Bring!
Expensive Jewelry, Walkmans or Radio, Cellular Phone, Electronic Games, Junk Food, Cold Drinks
Report at Mumbai Airport in Morning. Reach Delhi before 12 pm, have lunch and proceed to Old Delhi Railway Station. Board in Uttar Sampark Kranti at 3:30 pm (Non AC 2S). Reach Kathgodam at 10:40 PM. Reach the ‘Daankudi’ at 1:30 am and sleep
Wake up at 9 am & have breakfast.
Briefing about cycling followed by short cycling trial for 8 km
Cycling starts to Dhyoli river bank for 20 km, gradual up hill and down hill.Pitch your tent at Dhyoli River, share your day experiance and plan for the next day.
Post riverside breakfast start cycle for 7 km to reach Dhyoli Village, Interact with villagers and have food in village house. Post Lunch trek to Bhalu Dam (4 km).
The Bhalu Dam is an artificial lake adorned in the preserved forest area. In order to quest the thirst of soldiers, this dam was constructed in 1903 by the then viceroy. Surrounding areas of the lake offers splendid views of the snow-clad Himalayan peaks.
Pitch your tent beside dam. Share your day experience and plan for next day
Post breakfast trek to Chaubhatia garden for 3 km.
Chaubhatia garden is well know for its botanical garden and fruit orchard. Cycle from Chaubhatia garden to Dhobighat for 7 km. Post lunch cycle through forest route from Dhobi Ghat to Dalmoti for 12 km.
Early morning, trek to jungle for bird watching. Post breakfast cycle to Daan Kudi (17 km).
Explore the “valley of the sun” – We walk to the Siddheshwar temple, the ancient dev kund (circular stone pool for locals deities) in the forest to reach the center of the great valley bowl where the ruins of sun temple are located.
Make your own kites and fly them – we can also fly Indian fighter kites and dual string stunt kites.
Post breakfast drive to Kosi River. Enjoy Slithering, cliff jump and swimming in river. Picnic lunch at riverside. Post lunch drive to 9th century Sun Temple (Katarmal Shurya Temple). At 3 pm drive to Kathgodam. Board Ranikhet Express at 8 pm
Arrive Delhi early morning and transfor to airport. Take flight post 10 am. Reach Mumbai at lunch time.
Terms & Conditions
- We use quality cycles, equipments, sleeping bags and tents
- Participants to Instructor Ratio during program is 4:1. During Journey 8:1
- Basic Medical facility is available in the back up vehicle which will be with the group 24*7
- Food: Menu will be Indian style comprising breakfast, extra supplement (fruits or energy drink), lunch, snacks, soup, dinner and bournvita. The diet is completely vegetarian and is nutritious.
- Instructors: The insturctors hired are certified from mountaineering institutes and are quite experienced. All the members are trained in BLS(Basic Life Support Training).
- Small group size enabling personal bonding and vigilance
- Practice of Experiential Methodology, thus creating a SAFE Environment for the child to participate and express freely
- NO COMPETITION throughout the camp, ensuring the kids feel welcome, and do not feel pressurized emotionally or socially
- Participants are actively involved in the decision making and day planning during the camp stays, thus enabling them to take charge of their program, and helping them cope with the consequences of their choice
- Completely fun and exploration based camps, whilst giving the participants enough time to bond with fellow participants and enjoy FREE PLAY!
14 May to 21 May
15 to 21 Years
This is a sample itinerary. Kshitij reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of our program as a result of unforeseen circumstances, including weather, environment or health hazards. To the best of our ability, substitution of activities will be comparable to, or better than the original activity.