Venue - Mukteshwar
Our Campsite at Mukteshwar is located on the ridge, in a small village called Sargakhet with spectacular views of the kumaon valley all around, amidst apple, mulberry and other fruit trees. At 7290 Ft, Mukteshwar is one of the highest ridges in the middle Himalayas. It is one of the best rock climbing-rappelling sites in Kumaon and offers great opportunities for trekking through the beautiful countryside and witnessing a fast disappearing way of life.
Camp Purpose :
A perfect blend of a camp, relaxing holiday, rejuvenating with nature interspersed with adventure sports and a slice of jungle stay. This program is designed to witness a fresh perspective of the village life, experience life in the hills of the north and have fun with friends over a campfire and kumaoni culture!This camp will engage the kids physically, mentally and socially thus giving them opportunity to balance their energies and explore their love for new places, habitat and people!
Know Your Program
What to Bring!
Pair of Clothes ( full track pants and sleeved loose comfortable tshirts), Small Empty Shoulder Bag, Safety Pins, Water Bottle, Handkerchiefs, Night Suit, Sport Shoes, Toiletry Pouch, Cap, Sun Screen Lotion, Diary, Pen, Towel, Extra Pair of Socks, Torch, Sunglasses, Swimming Costume, Plastic Bags, Windcheater, Woolen Sweater, Monkey Cap, Hand Gloves Optional: Camera, Binocular ,Bedding for train journey.
What not to Bring!
Expensive Jewelry, Ipods, Kindle, Mobile Phones, Electronic Games/ Gadgets, Junk Food, Cold Drinks, Energy Drinks
(If found, these will be confiscated and parents will have to collect them back from Kshitij office)
Report at Mumbai Central at 4:40 pm. Board in August Kranti and depart at 5:40 pm.
Reach New Delhi around 12 pm. Board in Sampark Kranti at 3:30 pm from Old Delhi. Reach Kathgodam at 10:40 pm. Onward travel to Sattal Campsite (1 Hour)
Camp briefing and orienation.
Swimming in Garuda Tal lake with life jackets.
Kayaking in seren lake of sattal.
Zip Line in the forest area.
Depart for Mukteshwar Campsite at 3 pm. Reach Campsite at 6 pm. Tent allotement and introdution to campsite
Dinner with campfire
Treasure Hunt, Hike and Splash in the Waterfall, River Crossing, Kumaoni music during campfire.
Day 4 & 5
Interaction with Locals, Camp Fire, Advance Rock Craft at Chauli ki Jaali, Night Trek, Tyrolean Traverse, Theater Workshop
Earn Your Lunch, Work in Village Farms and Horne, Post breakfast leave for Overnight Trek to Maheshkhan Camping in Forest Guest House, Enroute lunch, Tent Pitching, Cook Your Own Meal, Jungle Stay
Bird Warching, Archery and Volley Ball match with the instructors. Post lunch drive down to Kathgodam.
Departure for Delhi, by Ranikhet Exp. at 8:40pm by Sleeper Coach. (Carry your own bedding)
Arrive Delhi at 5 am. Take flight from Delhi airport post 10 am. Arrive Mumbai at noon time.
This is a sample itinerary. Kshitij reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the program as a result of unforeseen circumstances, including weather, environment or health hazards. To the best of our ability, substitution of activities will be comparable to, or better than the original activity.
- We use quality equipments, sleeping bags and tents
- Participants to Instructor Ratio during program is 4:1. During Journey 8:1
- Basic Medical facility is available at campsite and one vehicle is sstation at the campsite 24*7
- Food: Menu will be Indian style comprising breakfast, extra supplement (fruits or energy drink), lunch, snacks, soup, dinner and bournvita. The diet is completely vegetarian and is nutritious.
- Instructors: The insturctors hired are certified from mountaineering institutes and are quite experienced. All the members are trained in BLS(Basic Life Support Training).
- Small group size enabling personal bonding and vigilance
- Practice of Experiential Methodology, thus creating a SAFE Environment for the child to participate and express freely
- NO COMPETITION throughout the camp, ensuring the kids feel welcome, and do not feel pressurized emotionally or socially
- Participants are actively involved in the decision making and day planning during the camp stays, thus enabling them to take charge of their program, and helping them cope with the consequences of their choice
- Completely fun and exploration based camps, whilst giving the participants enough time to bond with fellow participants and enjoy FREE PLAY!
Terms & Conditions
20 Apr to 28 Apr
01 May to 9 May
13 May to 21 May
10 to 14 Years
+ 5% GST