Eco Trek-Bhrigu Lake
Venue - Manali
Th legend is that, Maharishi (Saint) Bhrigu of Saptarishi fame had meditated on bank of this secluded and pristine lake lying at ~4160 m/13645 ft above sea level. The shallow lake remains frozen for more than half of the year.Even in summer the approach is filled with the fun of walking on snow.
Explore the backcountry in the hills of manali, have an opportunity to be”yourself’, participate in learning experiences and sharing over a campfire and spend time with nature away from the stale chaos of city life.
Know Your Program
- We use quality equipments like Cliff Climber Tents and Cliff Climber Sleeping Bags
- Participants to Instructor Ratio during program is 4:1. During Journey 8:1
- Medical facility is available at all the time with the head guide including Oxygen Cylinder, Oxymeter, First aid kit, Stretcher facility and Survival Blanket.
- Food: Menu will be Indian style comprising breakfast, extra supplement (fruits or energy drink), lunch, snacks, soup, dinner and bournvita. The diet is completely vegetarian and is nutritious.
- Guides: The guides hired are certified from mountaineering institutes and are quite experienced. All the members are trained in BLS(Basic Life Support Training).
- Small group size enabling personal bonding and vigilance
- Practice of Experiential Methodology, thus creating a SAFE Environment for the child to participate and express freely
- NO COMPETITION throughout the camp, ensuring the kids feel welcome, and do not feel pressurized emotionally or socially
- Participants are actively involved in the decision making and day planning during the camp stays, thus enabling them to take charge of their program, and helping them cope with the consequences of their choice
- Completely fun and exploration based camps, whilst giving the participants enough time to bond with fellow participants and enjoy FREE PLAY!
What to Bring!
Pair of Clothes (6-7 T Shirts & 2 Full Jeans + 2 Full Track Pants), 1 Haversack Bag & 1 Small Shoulder Bag, Thermal/Winter Jacket, Safety Pins, Water Bottle, Handkerchiefs, 2 Night Suit, Sport Shoes & Floater/ Slippers, Toiletry Pouch, Towel, Cap, Sun Screen Lotion,Odomos Mosquito Cream, Cold Cream, Lip Balm, Dairy Pen, 4 Extra Pair of Socks, Torch with new Batteries, Sunglasses, Swimming Costume (Nylon T-Shirt & Shorts (for Boys) & Nylon tights with Nylon Round Neck T-Shirts (for Girls)), Full Sleeves Jacket, Hand Gloves, Lunch Box
Optional: Camera, Binocular
What not to Bring!
Expensive Jewelry, Walkmans or Radio, Cellular Phone, Electronic Games, Junk Food, Cold Drinks
Gather at Mumbai Central at 4:40 pm. Group introduction and games
Reach Delhi at 11:30 am. Transfer to Gujarat Samaj for rest and lunch. Take evening bus for Manali
Day 3: Arrival in Rumsu [Manali] Basecamp, Reporting
Our Eco Trekkers will be woken to the sight of green, towering Sierras of the Kullu District. We will arrive at our destination in the early hours of the day. They will detrain the Bus at the Patlikuhal Junction and will head upward the range toward the Rumsu [Manali] Basecamp at 6510Ft above sea level. Today will be a rest day. Breakfast will be served in the dining hall, followed by the registration, documentation and tent allocation. An orientation will be given to the group of Eco trekkers giving them a detailed insight on the proceedings of the next five days in the wilderness of the bountiful Himalayas. Following this orientation, we will make them put it to use on a short walk to the Pulag falls from the Rumsu [Manali] Village, where they will learn about rocks found around at a subordinate level and will return for a siesta. In the evening, a bonfire will be lit and the Eco Trekker will circle around it for an Ice Breaking session followed by dinner. They will be issued their bedding (Sleeping bags + Inners).
Day 4: Acclimatization and Adventure activity day.
The Eco Trekkers wake up to a morning of playfulness have their breakfast and set out on a walk to the Chichogi Village to study about a Himalayan Village, their customs, architecture, food and way of life. Post lunch they will have their adventure activity session where they will Rock Climb and Rappel down. They will be served an early dinner and will head to bed early for a fresh start the next day.
Day 5: Drive to Gulaba and trek to Rohlikohli
After morning breakfast we will start with a beautiful jeep ride to Gulaba. The trek commences from Gulaba towards Rohlikohli camp site. The 5 to 6 hours ascend till Rohlikohli is moderate. There are two streams on the route towards the camp site (Chor Nallah and Kohli Nallah). Rohli Kohli is a beautiful camp site and offers amazing views of Solang Valley. Overnight camp at Rohli Kohli.
Day 6: Trek to Bhrigu Lake
Trek commences early in the morning by 7 am after breakfast, for Bhrigu Lake. It takes around 4 hours to reach to Bhrigu Lake. Packed lunch will be done at Bhrigu Lake. Care should be taken that no littering happens over here. As per the myths, Rishi Bhrigu meditated here and used to take bath in the holy water. We will then start for the descend to Rohlikohli camp site. Overnight stay in tents at Rohlikohli camp site.
Day 7: Descend to Gulaba and Departure from Manali
We will start with descend this morning for Gulaba. The descend is easy and takes around 3-4 hours. Ride to Rumsu base camp.
Day 8: Rafting & Manali Sightseeing
After breakfast we will go for rafting by Jeep. Have lunch in Manali town kids can go for shopping, hidimba temple and manu temple. Around 5 pm Departure for Delhi.
Day 9: Arrive Mumbai
Arrive Delhi early morning and take 12:40 pm flight from Delhi. Arrive Mumbai Airport
This is a sample itinerary. Kshitij reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of our program as a result of unforeseen circumstances, including weather, environment or health hazards. To the best of our ability, substitution of activities will be comparable to, or better than the original activity.
Terms & Conditions